Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ode to Adelaide Joy




Yesterday was Addie's 7th birthday!  She pulled out her front tooth yesterday so she will be singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth."  She is such a good girl!  Addie is my songbird and my helper.  She will do anything and everything she is asked to do.  ( I definitely take that for granted.)  If I  could describe Addie it would be: obedient, funny sense of humor, loving, hard working, full of energy, musically talented, FORGIVING, enjoyable, delightful, people pleaser, all around GREAT daughter.  She is my go-to girl...if I want anything done...ask Addie.  Sometimes I forget that she is only a little girl.  If she does something wrong, all I have to do is look at her and she knows she has done wrong and she is truly sorry.  Sometimes I wonder why I was allowed such a sweet and tender hearted girl.  I am excited for her future and all that she accomplishes in her life but for now, I just want her to be 7.  We will be taking her friends to see HSM3 for her party.  I don't know who is more excited about the movie....me or Addie?  Happy Birthday Lady!  WE LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Apparently, I forgot that I was typing this at 12:30 am and so technically Addie's birthday was two days ago, on the 23rd. Sorry sweetie.

Kathryn said...

This is a little note to let Addie know we miss her and hope she had a great birthday! Let's just arrange a marriage now and get it over with. I couldn't think of a better daughter-in-law or better in-laws to have other than you! (what a dream)

Angie said...

Done deal, Kath!

Molly said...

She is an angel. We all love Addie. It will be fun to get together on Sunday to celebrate both Max and Addie's b-days.