Sunday, October 19, 2008

Christmas Vacation a little early



As an early Christmas gift, Mike's parents took us to Walt Disney World for 3 days  and then on a 4-day Disney Cruise.  Thanks Pat and Chloe Ann!!!!  It was wonderful!  The funny thing is that you will get two totally different responses from Mike and I about how the vacation went.  Mike would say that we will NEVER do that again, it was horrible.  And I would say it was GREAT!!!!  I think the reasons for the difference are the fact that Mike had to be Mr. Mom for 9 days.  Spencer wanted only Daddy!  And yes, the kids did have melt-downs and threw fits but that is on a daily basis at home.  I just think Mike was not used to it since he is at work and misses out on all of those fits.  But the thing that I will NEVER do again was the 8 hour plane ride back to SLC.  We went from Orlando to Chicago to Denver to SLC without getting off of the plane!  That was awful!

We definitely came back needing a vacation from our vacation.  My highlight of Walt Disney World was the new Toy Story Mania ride.  Spencer said, "Do it again!" Right when it was over.  And my favorite highlight of the cruise was Castaway Cay.  It is the private island that Disney owns.  The water was beautiful and the bike rides were fun.  The saddest part was on the flight there when I realized I forgot my camera!  UGH!!!!  (Thanks for the pics, Molly).  

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

i miss you guys.

Tiff and Jer said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time. Your family picture is to cute.

The Llewellyn's said...

Ang- I love the blog, we will officially add you to our blog! YEA and welcome!

Molly said...

It looks as though you're doing it right! Have fun figuring the rest of the process out. I'll be watching :)

Derek Flake said...

oh how fun. way to take our dream vacation for us.

Angie said...

Thanks for all of the moral support. YOu guys are great!

Amy G. said...

so glad you've gotten on the blogging band wagon! i'm so jealous of your early christmas present!